To further establish CCI as a leader in setting and achieving premier environmental, health and safety performance standards and objectives, CCI is focused on achieving ZERO environmental, health and safety incidents and further our ability to perform in a manner that minimizes health and safety risks to our customers, our employees, the general public, and the environment. This involves new heightened health and safety policies and practices as well as new and enhanced safety programs:
CCI Encourages Mentoring, Life-Long Learning, Continuous Improvement, and Advancement from Within.
CCI Invests in Our Employees by Providing Developmental Opportunities for Continued Growth.
- Supervisor Training & Orientation — Extensive coverage of CCI’s company policy, standard operating procedures, drug and alcohol policies, best management practices, ethics, leadership responsibilities, personnel observation, OSHA trenching and shoring competent person, asbestos awareness training, and Extensive Operator Qualification (OQ) evaluations.
- New hire orientation — CCI’s company policy and procedures, drug and alcohol policies, DOT Req’d background checks, medical cards.
- Safety Orientation — Job specific video and/or training, AOC’s.
- Operator Qualification (OQ) — In house evaluators for Veriforce, ISN, & Energy WorldNet. Extensive training tools and apparatuses to assist in OQ evaluations. Mock pipeline training facility.
- Safety Toolbox — consolidated location for easy access of safety tools, rules, regulations, and safety checklists, tailgate safety meeting sign in sheets, and SDS sheets.
- Off-the-Job Safety — distributes informative quarterly flyers that offer practical advice on how to avoid potential dangers.
- Interactive Safety Drills — Working with our customers to plan, organize, and execute on site simulated “emergency situations” to monitor and enhance training and assure the correct response to potentially dangerous situations should they ever arise.
- Internal Safety Awards — recognize employees who have demonstrated a commitment to EHS practices quarterly, annually, and job specific.
- Emergency First Response Program — First Aid and CPR, and Bloodborne Pathogens training.
- Defensive Driving Course — required before operating a CCI vehicle, along with a Motor Vehicle Records Check.
- Enhanced Incident Reporting System — provides improved data trending and data reporting to identify improvement opportunities.